TEACHING ABOUT TITHE
1. Understanding the Tithe
2. Understanding the value of the Tithe
3. Understanding the place or otherwise of the Tithe in the New Testament
The Tithe is a controversial and grossly misunderstood subject
Beware of being pastored by social media.
Tithing is such a controversial issue because of the grip that money has on people (Matt. 6:24; Luke 16:13)
True spirituality is confirmed in money matters.
WHAT IS THE TITHE ABOUT?
1. The Tithe is one-tenth of a person’s income.
2. The Tithe existed before the law of Moses (Gen. 14:18-20; 2Cor. 9:6-7)
The Tithe did not come with the law of Moses so it cannot go with the law Moses. The Tithe came about 500 years before Moses. It existed far before the law and will
continue to exist far after the law.
3. The Tithe did not begin as a commandment, it began as a Kingdom principle delivered by revelation (Gen. 14:18-20)
4. Kingdom principles and revelations are universal in application (Mark 13:37)
Time does not change Divine principles and revelations (Gen. 17:1; Matt. 5:48; 2Cor. 13:11)
5. Believers are the seed of Abraham and are commanded to walk in the steps of Abraham (Gal. 3:16, 7; Rom. 4:12)
As a child of God, you are a seed of Abraham and are expected to follow his steps
THE STEPS OF ABRAHAM:
5a. Unconditional obedience to God
5b. Believing God without question
5c. Seeing the future before it arrives (Gen. 13:14-15)
5d. Servicing the needs of the needy (Gen. 14:14)
5e. Holding nothing back from God (Gen. 22:2)
5f. Giving God a tenth of your income
5g. Looking up to nobody but God (Gen. 14:22-23)
6. Tithing was confirmed and commended by the Master in the New Testament (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42; Lev. 27:30).
7. The Tithe was validated by Paul the Apostle in the New Testament (Heb. 7:1-8)
The law of first mention – the greatest mention you can ever get in scripture is from the first time it is mentioned in Scripture
8. In the New Testament, believers exist far beyond the Tithe (Prov. 23:26; Rom. 12:1; 2Cor. 8:1-5; Phil. 4:15-19).
Tithe is the basic minimum.
Our realm is of sacrifice.
Anyone that struggles with the payment of tithes either does not know God or has not surrendered themselves totally to God
WHY DO WE TITHE?
1. God owns both the earth and everything in it (Ps. 24:1; Ps. 50:12; Hag. 2:8)
2. God owns man’s life, man’s strength and everything responsible for man’s income (Isa. 43:21; Acts 17:28)
3. God receives our honour and appreciation through our giving (Prov. 3:9-10)
WHAT DOES TITHING CONFIRM?
1. It confirms God’s ownership of all things
2. It confirms man’s stewardship of God’s resources
3. It confirms our conquest of mammon (Matt. 6:24)
4. It confirms our God-first existence (Matt. 6:33)
5. It confirms the authenticity of our worship (Rom. 12:1-2)
FACTS ABOUT THE TITHE:
1. The Tithe belongs to God, not the Pastor.
2. The Tithe is paid at the place of one’s spiritual covering
3. The Tithe is meant to be the Tithe of all
4. The Tithe is to be paid in whole
5. Everybody pays Tithe including the priest (Heb. 7:9)
THE BENEFITS OF THE TITHE:
1. Access to supernatural supplies (Mal. 3:10-12)
2. Existence above earthly economy (Mal. 3:10-12; Phil. 4:19)
3. Open heavens for the rain of visions, revelations and Divine ideas
4. Security and insurance of man’s blessings
5. The resistance of the activities of the devourer
6. The conversion of promises to blessings (Heb. 7:6)
7. The blessing of the next generation (Heb. 7:9)
Thus hath the Lord God shewed unto me: and, behold, the Lord God called to contend by fire, and it devoured the great deep, and did eat up a part.
PROPHET EKONG ITUEN.